Monday, April 11, 2011

Avenue A Inspiration

Avenue A Inspiration

I find you most beautiful at night.
You still reek of life while the rest of the world
wastes their time with sleep.
You have no patience for such frivolity.
Whiskey dreams maybe,
but only wide awake.
You have hearts to feed and 
minds to rattle.
Wiping tears with neon lights
you drag people through their darkness,
hit them with such life
they can barely catch their breath.
At 2am you’re stunning. 
Still looking like daytime
yet somehow austere.
With clamoring silence 
I can walk through your streets
heartened that there’s a subway handy
or a coffee within reach. 
Despite my deepest demons 
you welcome me with open arms. 
A selfish lover
You take all and leave so little left.
Perhaps you’ll be the death of me
but i’m sure it will be lovely.

4 comments:

  1. lovely

    especially,

    Wiping tears with neon lights
    you drag people through their darkness,
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A selfish lover
    You take all and leave so little left.
    Perhaps you’ll be the death of me
    but i’m sure it will be lovely.


    could be its own poem

    ReplyDelete